Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, August 16, 2005


30 silver coins still go a long way

"I know the bishop and dean argue it is fiction - and it might even be brilliant fiction - but it is against the very essence of what we believe."

So says Sister Mary Michael, a nun who is protesting the filming of "The Da Vinci Code" in England's Lincoln Cathedral. The dean of the Cathedral, however, objected less to its use in the film when its producers coughed up the dough.

I tend to agree with the good Sister. If you want to make a film which (intentionally or not) undermines the person of Jesus and the Christian faith, don't do it in an edifice built for worshiping Him and exercising that faith. I've said fairly recently that convictions tend to bow to the almighty dollar and it seems to be the case here as well. Shame on the dean.

Hollywood has made open war on Christianity. I don't care how much money they were offering, I wouldn't allow them to enter into a Christian church just so they can defecate on the altar. And I don't think Jesus would either.

And, as for the argument that it's just "fiction" or just a "movie", I agree. So go take your money and build a "fictional" church to play your pretend games.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Funny. I read that article and thought the same thing you did. And I say this despite the fact that I actually read and kind of enjoyed The Da Vinci Code.

August 16, 2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

HOW DARE YOU enjoy that book.

August 16, 2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Never read it but I'm sure it's a good and entertaining read. I don't have an objection to the book, just an objection to the Church facilitating its anti-Christian message.

What's next? "Mein Kempf" filmed in the Temple Mount?

August 16, 2005 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home