Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, September 05, 2005


Intelligent Design Confirmed

Scientists at the Discovery Institute announced findings today that provide concrete proof of "intelligent design" in living organisms. "Our hypothesis was that the Designer would leave some clue of its presence in the fabric of creation, and that prediction proved correct," explained team leader Dr. Emil Shnookensticker. "We took the data from the Human Genome Project and converted the numeric encodings to Hebrew letters. Most of the resulting sequence was unintelligible, but as we scanned the code short snippets of undeniable language emerged. It appears that the actual act of creation was subcontracted out to the angelic host, thus on the fifth chromosome we found the sequence 'Bile duct brought to you by Azazael,' on the sixth we encountered 'Colon design by Team Uriel.' A full transcript of the human genome yields hundreds of similar patent and proprietary claims. Some angels seem to have taken liberties. Among the 'junk DNA' that is not expressed in actual physiological processes we found a recipe for 'Angel Food Cake' and messages that can only be described as angelic grafitti- 'For a good time call Lilith' and 'Gabriel blows,' for example." The President has been informed of the Institute's findings and plans to amend high school biology textbooks are in the works.

5 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

MOC, you just don't get this kind of news on Fox or NBC. Rumpus Rules.

September 05, 2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Wasn't there a Star Trek episode or movie with this theme? I recall the good guys (Kirk? Picard?) racing the bad guys (Romulans?) to some planet to get DNA to complete a puzzle. The "prize" was less than everyone thought. Not some weapon or riches, but a message that we're all (Terran, Vulcan, Romulan, et al) related.

Ah, surely some Rumpuser remembers this better than I.

September 06, 2005 6:51 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Well CIV, if you're referring to me....

Yeah, I think you're right and I seem to remember a story line with that outcome, but I couldn't find the details. I even searched through a list of episode synopses from Star Trek: The Next Generation which I thought it may have come from, but alas, I had no luck.

Scotty, however, doesn't give up!! I'll keep looking (after I feed, change and cuddle my little guys, that is.)

Scotty out.

September 06, 2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

Glad Scotty chimed in on this one. I'm Star Trek-challenged.

September 06, 2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger Madman of Chu said...

You Rumpusers are really sad. Everyone knows that that is Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 6 Episode 20: "The Chase." I cried when I realized that we, the Klingons, and the Romulans were all part of an intergalactic family. Why that isn't in high school textbooks is beyond me.

September 06, 2005 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home