Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, September 01, 2005


Pay Per View

For the month of September, Rumpus will no longer be free. Every time you log on, you MUST donate at least one dollar to the Hurricane Katrina relief agency of your choice.
I heard on the radio today that the Red Cross is accepting donations at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. You may also donate on line.
Hugh Hewitt lists a number of agencies on his website for you to consider. So does Instapundit.
The scope of this disaster is huge, but is isn't bigger than the hearts of the citizens of this great country. Let's get it done and meet in the French Quarter in 2007 (but spare me Mardi Gras. . I did my one trip there in '78 as a much younger man).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea, I'll drive over to the Rose Bowl on my lunch hour, close enough to not worry too much about the cost of the gas;), and donate. Also, Indepundit has a fun and interesting challenge - since New Orleans was so famous for Mardi Gras, lets have Lent in September and donate the money saved on our vices (Starbucks frou-frou drinks, cigarettes, beer, whatever) to disaster relief. I can stand two Lents in one year. Can you?

- Dirtbiker for W

September 01, 2005 10:34 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I have trouble with it ONCE a year.

September 01, 2005 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home