Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, October 24, 2005


Jerks

This story out of Sacramento got under my skin. A couple oppose the war, as is their right. "Affixed under the gingerbread eaves of Stephen and Virginia Pearcy's place is the figure of a U.S. serviceman in desert camouflage and helmet. A balled-up American flag forms the head. A noose is cinched around the neck, just above the sign reading, "Bush Lied. I Died."
They display the flag upside down on him. AND they aren't even living in the house during the week, as they stay in Berkeley (no shocker there). They basically dare people to vandalize their sculpture (artwork, statement) and then go to small claims court or otherwise prosecute .
I'm sure glad that they don't live on my block.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Jerks.

October 25, 2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

jerk

October 25, 2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

C.I.V. -- that math humor just slays me. :)

Actually, my husband is a math geek. He'll like that.

October 25, 2005 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home