Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, November 22, 2005


Rome

On Sunday, I finished watching what I hope is merely the first season of HBO's Rome. I rarely get sucked into TV shows anymore but I loved this one. Tremendous production values in costumes and sets. Great historical setting. . with Solders from the XIIIth Legion fighting in Gaul (That's France to you) and returning. . with Caesar taking over and battles in the Senate. Cleopatra had a nice turn as well. In the end. . it's a soap opera and a buddie movie, but it was great. If you missed it, wait until the DVD of the first season comes out and watch it from start to finish. It is graphic sexually and in its violence, so keep the kids away. And I forgot to mention the best part. . . brilliant British actors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home