Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, January 30, 2006


Creepiness continues

It's just past midnight and I'm messing around on the computer out here all by myself and two minutes ago I hear this creepiness emerge from the children's playroom: "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all throoough the townnnn."

Yes, there is a toy in there that plays that wretched song in electronic children's voices. Yes, we have a cat. Yes, he could have tripped it. But the goosebumps on my neck are still hanging around and having a confab.

There's a brood of possessed schoolchildren in there. I just know it. I'm bracing myself for a haunting rendition of "London Bridge".

Oh the horror. The horror.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Hey Wonderdog, you should hear the fire engine's sirens go off in there when the kids are asleep and the cats purring on your lap!

January 30, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

"Calling Father Karras. . Father Damian Karras, please pick up line 1."

January 30, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Hey, I once woke up in the middle of the night hearing something almost beyond the range of hearing. Very unreal. But I got up to investigate, good parent that I am, and discovered...

the baby's head butted up against the big push button on the crib's mirror toy. An electronic "Twinkle twinkle little star" played over and over and over only waking me.

After that, I always flipped the mirror to the outside of the crib at night, thus defeating its purpose of entertaining baby while parents try to sleep in.

January 30, 2006 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home