Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, December 13, 2006


The Wire

Apparently, it's the best show in the history of television:

The Wire, which has just begun its fourth season on HBO, is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

(Via Ross Douthat, who links to a series of blogospheric raves for the show.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hooked on "The Wire" since episode one. Until today, I thought Templeton Peck and I were the only two people who watched it. We were each shocked to encounter someone else who watched when the subject somehow came up. The critical acclaim may spoil it for me now. Nah.

December 13, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I was thinking of you and Temp when I posted this.

I just might break down and buy or Netflix the DVD one of these days.

December 13, 2006 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen TopDog...we have been down wit " Da Wire" from the start. Dat's how we roll G!... It truly is a great show and has moved to the top of the list of HBO original series in my view. It just aired the last episode of the season though...so now would be a great time to catch up Kate.. Rome starts in Jan.!!

December 13, 2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home