Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, February 09, 2007


Random thoughts on the passing scene

With Superbowl weekend just passed and, after attending the annual family and friends party and after seeing about 15 minutes of the game due to chasing my three-year-old and 18 month-old boys around the house and yard, it strikes me that I haven't really seen a Superbowl (really watched one) in about three years. And trust me, I'm a huge football fan. Given that I have an 18 month-old and the possibility of one or two more children, I'm thinking that I won't see a Superbowl for at least another 5 years or so. I beseech you all to let me know how they turn out.

In a recent post, I myself poked fun at NASA and the astronaut love triangle story. I'm a bit sorry I did. I'm tired now of seeing late show comics waxing smart-assish about our great space program.

Anna Nicole...Forgive me but I just don't seem to care.

Isn't the Nancy Pelosi plane flap just so predictable? Dems are very much like children. We sent them to their rooms for a time, finally released them, turned our back, and there they are dipping into the cookie jar again. I'm thinking they'll be sent back to their rooms in 2008.

The Grammys are Sunday. I hear the Vegas over and under on "y'alls" is 86. I got a hundred down on over, y'all.

So apparently fashion guru Donatella Versace thinks Hillary should lose the trousers. Maybe Bill can give her a few tips on that.

Finally, our long interval of bated breath is over -- Miss America has announced that she's pulling for Barack Obama in '08. At last I know who to vote for. Thank you Miss Sash Wearing Crown Girl...

I see that the mayor of Amsterdam is allowing a parade float for "11 to 16 year-olds" in the city's upcoming gay pride festival. This makes me sick...Why leave out the 10-year-olds??

Nice little chill happening up there in the northeast...They're hoping and praying for some warm temperatures approaching zero. Paging Mr. Gore...please report to the "I guess I'm wrong" desk.

Speaking of the northeast, there's apparently a state senator in New York who has proposed a bill to ban walking across the street while listening to an ipod. The motivation for the prospective law is to eliminate the danger of crossing the street while listening to music and hence being unaware of oncomming traffic...Why not just ban radios from cars to eliminate the danger of hitting pedestrians...?

I guess it's late. I'm out, y'all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us make sure we have our FACTS straight on the Plane flap with the Speaker of the House....SHE did NOT request to have a larger plane...Bill Livingood, the House sergeant at arms, did. I Know you would never want to throw stones at anyone who didn't deserve them...right dog?... :)

February 09, 2007 1:13 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Um, no global warming? Then why did our temps DOUBLE this morning compared to yesterday... when it was 10° F.

February 09, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Hey, T.P. . .the left salivates at Bush, Cheny, Rumsfeld et. al. Therefore, we on the right are entited to our "red meat". Visceral reactions without any logic or facts necessary. That list is headed by Ms. Pelosi and Ms. Clinton.

February 10, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

CIV, stay warm.

Temp, what SD said.

February 10, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home