Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, January 07, 2008


Presidential Politics

The political scene is a lot like Christmas. It just starts way too damn soon! But the New Hampshire Primary is a lot like December 20th: It is now time to start paying attention.
My attitude about the whole thing has thus far been that I really don't care. . I'll just wait until there are two candidates standing and vote for the one who offends me the least (i.e. Republican). But since we have a primary out here next month, I have to think about who best represents my values. It isn't easy. . there is a bit of me in each Republican candidate and something in each that sends me running away. So what it really comes down to is this. . The First Lady. . So that puts McCain over the top. The hell with all the "issues".
And, because we here at Rumpus try to be fair to all sides, I am throwing the Clinton campaign this 24 hour slogan: "Hillary Clinton Emoted. . . New Hampshire Women Voted".
You are welcome!

4 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Ack! You're not supporting McCain are you?

Senator "McCain-Feingold Act, close Gitmo, vote against the Bush tax cuts, outlaw waterboarding, Gang of 14, amnesty for illegals Keating Five" McCain?

January 09, 2008 7:42 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

CIV, my comments were tongue in cheek regarding that fact that Mrs. McCain would be the "easiest on the eyes" from the male perspective of the field of first ladies.
To be serious for a second, my primary concern in supporting and voting for any one candidate from the Republican field is electability in the November general election. That requires some compromise. I would rather see McCain or Rudi win than Romney or Huckaby lose.

January 10, 2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Whew!

I didn't grok the "first lady" comment.

If that's your criteria, wouldn't Mrs. Kucinich or Mrs. Giuliani give Mrs. McCain a run for the money?

January 10, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Why yes, CIV. I need to give those candidates a second look, now don't I. Dennis the Menace in the White House is a scary proposition, but a tongue pierced Brit first lady would keep things interesting!

January 12, 2008 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home