Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, February 15, 2008


Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm ..."

I was introduced to a woman named Kristall yesterday.

I assume that's how she spells her name because she said, "It's Kristall as in Kristallnacht."

"Hmmmmmm," I replied, unable to keep the surprise out of my voice or to suppress the note of distaste at the image with which she had chosen to associate her name.

"You're familiar with Kristallnacht?"

"Um, yes."

"Wow, usually when I say that people just scratch their heads and go, 'Huh?'"

Here was one instance, however, when I was less shocked by the historical ignorance of Kristall's interlocutors than by the sheer -- what to call it? -- social obstuseness of what appears to be Kristall's standard practice when she is introduced to new people.

1 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Have you met her little dog Pogrom yet?

February 15, 2008 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home