Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, February 25, 2008


Worst Ever

Over the years, I have complied a "worst ever popular song" list in my head, but I don't think that I have ever gotten around to putting it to writing. I'm sure we all have those songs in our head that are just terribly annoying and I invite your votes. I am certain that I could expand this, but these 3 belong in any top 10. I heard my number 1 today, so without further ado, I list my bottom 3 and bid adieu.

3. Skyrockets In Flight (Starlight Vocal Band)
2. The Night Chicago Died (Paper Lace)
1. Seasons In The Sun (Terry Jacks)

7 Comments:

Blogger T Patrick Dunigan said...

"Me and Mrs. Jones"...has always been in my top 5...agh..I HATE that song!!!

February 25, 2008 12:08 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

As I think about it some more, I just have to add MacArthur Park, (You're) Having My Baby, You Light Up My Life, and Feelings.

February 25, 2008 2:29 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

I can't remember The Night Chicago Died (Paper Lace), but I have the feeling it would be a bad idea to look for it online to remind me.

The others mentioned so far are bad enough. Thanks for reminding me - not. Ugh.

February 25, 2008 4:30 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Well...I would offer up Yoko Ono's, "What a bastard the world is".

February 25, 2008 11:53 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

WD, no fair bringing up YO. She wins hands down every time. Let's just give her the lifetime award and say she can't compete on these "worst ever" lists.

Speaking of which, how about "Me and Mrs. Jones"? Does it qualify for the worst ever list?

February 26, 2008 5:54 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Yes, since both TP and CIV have nominated Me and Mrs. Jones (um. . flunked that English class, did you?) it goes on the list. My proposed category was "Popular" songs, so Yoko doesn't count. If you spend a little google time, you will find a few websites that address this issue.

February 26, 2008 8:43 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I think I will add "Daybreak" by Barry Manilow to this list. The song did find a perfect place. . being skewered in Serial Mom. I would frankly add every Manilow song to this list, but I have to begrudgingly give him props for professionalism.

I will add "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes. Boy is that obnoxious. That lead singer just scares the BeJesus out of me.

February 27, 2008 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home