Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, November 01, 2004


America should be seeing "red"

According to the NY Post and many media outlets today, revised translations of Bin Laden's tape indicate that he was threatening any state in the Union that supports Bush. MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute) ,which monitors and translates Arabic media and internet sites, has given a rather chilling translation to Bin Laden's diatribe. Here's the story from the Post:

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."
That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.


Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

And just in case you're still not clear, here's the nuts and bolts of the translation per MEMRI:

"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy."

Just in case there are any readers who are actually being taken in by this deceit, I ask you to recall the State and District struck by Al-Qaeda on September 11th? Hint, they're about as far from red as you can get.

Are you listening America?

I hearken back to Kate's great post below and the words of King Theoden:

"When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the house of Eorl. A lesser son of great sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewhither. But I fear your voice has lost its charm."

And Aragorn:

"...I bid you stand, men of the West!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

This is a nit, but the District was not hit by Al-Qaeda on September 11th. The Pentagon is in Virginia.

November 01, 2004 1:46 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Thanks VA. I'm going to refrain from the nauseating pop-culture retort, "my bad", and simply say, my mistake.

Thanks for holding my feet to the fire. If I start playing fast and loose with the facts here, I'll have nothing on Dan Rather.

November 01, 2004 2:24 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I can have my cake and eat it to. Living in California, I can follow my heart and vote for Bush, while at the same time being protected from all the doting liberals who surround me.

November 01, 2004 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home