Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, February 09, 2005


Rumpus Riddle Answer #9

You throw away the outside and cook the inside.
Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside.

What did you eat?

Well, you can all stop holding your breath because the wait is now over! I am finally going to reveal the answer to our latest Rumpus Riddle. I know you can't wait a single second more so here it is....
...oh, first, let me thank all of you who attempted to guess our silly little riddle. We received some very interesting answers -- here are a few of the ingenious, but incorrect ones.
--"a potatoe" (and I quote)
--"the outside" (I don't get it)
--"Steak"
--"Ribeye Steak" (I guess some people eat the marrow of the bone? -- ewww.)
from Lockjaw the Ogre
--"apple"
--"an egg"
--"crab?"
--"A chicken - remove the feathers, cook the bird & throw away the bones"
from qcifer
--"an egg white omelette"
from Lars Jacobsen
--"a cat" (Let me repeat myself, ewww.)
--"a popsicle"
--"coconut"
from Babaluigi
--"artichoke"
from Stewdog and others
...and last but not least, "armadilloes - crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle, but you can't eat the bones." (Thank you David Gillies from Daily Pundit.)

Thanks for playing and don't forget to take a stab at our new Rumpus Riddle!

Oh...did I forget something? Ahh, yes. The answer, of course. The answer is ....


An ear of corn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home