Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, March 01, 2005


Evil, thy name is...me?

Query: Who recently said the following and what was it in reference to?

"This is a struggle of good and evil. And we're the good."

Yep, you guessed it. It was Howard Dean on Saturday, speaking as new DNC Chairman before a crowd at a DNC fundraising event. Good for him, you think, right? At least someone in the Democrat party finally has the chutzpah to say the right thing about the Global War On Terror, right?

Not so fast. Howard Dean wasn't speaking of Bin Laden and Zarqawi. If you are reading this and you are of the (cue Vader theme) Conservative persuasion, Howard Dean was speaking about you. Yup. You're evil. Yes, you. Yes me. Dang it. They found us out! Is it possible he somehow crept into my closet and found my white hood, my iron cross, my Nazgul membership card, my "surrender Dorothy" missive, and my Mel Gibson autographed 8x10 glossy? Oh, no. You don't suppose he could have somehow discovered my crucifix do you??

How did he find me out? And I thought my cover was brilliant. Tell me if these last few days were not the epitome of masterful camouflaging of my evilness: Friday, my wife and I took our 21 month old son to the zoo. Heh heh. I even let him chase me around in front of the chimpanzees. Heh heh. His mom let him slurp up her entire lemonade. Heh heh. Then on Saturday we took him to see Pooh's Heffalump Movie. Heh heh (rubbing hands together in diabolical glee). Sunday we took him to visit his grandparents (conservatives both), who hugged and chased and chortled with him all day.

Cue Vader deep breathing: Hhhoughhh...Hhhoughhhh...Hhhoughhh...Howard Dean...Come to the Dark Side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Nice try with the innocent sounding weekend, Wonderdog. C'mon. Fess up. You took your kid to a church, too, didn't you? I bet it was a {shudder} CATHOLIC church, too. The crucifix is a dead giveaway.

And admit it, the grandparents are part of this dangerous group, too, aren't they? Cough up the rosary beads, bub. You people who believe in "love your enemy," "love your neighbor as yourself," love God, and obey the Ten Commandments really frighten me. Gads, you might even want to hug me or shake my hand.

March 01, 2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

"Love your neighbor as yourself?" You really think we profess allegiance to such a puny ethos on Sunday? We pump our fists in the air and encourage the almighty and vengeful God to reign down fire and brimstone upon the evil sinners of the world!! Why, just this Sunday we singled out a heretic among us and stoned them to death upon the altar!

March 01, 2005 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home