Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, February 18, 2005


Your tax dollars waxing poetic

Michelle Malkin reminds us that Keats and Shelley ain't got nothin' on today's modern verse masters. Here are a few NEA federally subsidized lines from one Amiri Baraka:

Poetry must see as its central task
building
a Marxist Leninist
Communist Party

in the USA
So that even in our verse
we wage ideological struggle
over political line

Don't you just love when poetry reads like some prosaic statement of trite observation? Let me give this a whirl and maybe I can earn a government check too:

George W. Bush
is
a fascist
pig

Check please?

But wait, your tax dollars also contributed to this:

jesus need to be busted
jesus need to be thrown down and whipped
till something better happen. . .

Uh, well...if you read the Gospels there Amiri, you'd find out He was. Don't you just love when poetry sounds like the ramblings of an anti-Christian vagrant who doesn't know his history? I sure do. Let me give one like this a try:

joan of arc need to be
tied to a stake
and burned

Check Please?

Here are some recent comments from Baraka as reported by the NY Post:

Laureate Amiri Baraka proved to be his lovable blasphemous, inflammatory self at the Town Hall New Federal Theater celebration. "We cannot be tricked by the recurrent minstrel show," the former LeRoi Jones told adoring listeners. "What kind of sleaza is Condoleezza?"

And what kind of caca is Baraka?

I'll leave you now. I'm rather weary of Amiri.

4 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Move over, Walt Whitman, you Eurocentric slime. Death to Longfellow. We must rehearse the verse and spread the red.
Idiots like this just make my blood boil. It's "P**s Christ" put to iambic pentameter.

February 19, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Move over, Walt Whitman, you Eurocentric slime. Death to Longfellow. We must rehearse the verse and spread the red.
Idiots like this just make my blood boil. It's "P**s Christ" put to iambic pentameter.

February 19, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Gee, maybe I gave up on poetry too soon. Sounds like I could easily be a poet laureate!

Liberals tax me
Spend and waste all my money
Vote conservative!

February 23, 2005 5:43 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Oh, I've got another poem in me!

[Note: this assumes you pronounce "poem" as 2 syllables.]

Hateful Baraka
takes American dollars
Writes trashy poems

Amiri sells out
Gets paid for writing poems
Capitalist pig!


Gee, this poetry thing can be fun! Maybe I can get paid, too!

February 23, 2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home