Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, February 28, 2005


Oscar Night

The Oscars are over:

Good: Selma Hayak. Moving necrology with Yo Yo Ma playing the cello while we watched clips of people who left us. The taleted Kate Blanchett getting her due. The surprise of Clint Eastwood and his movie besting Martin Scorcesse and his.


BAD: Chris Rock was the wrong choice of host. His monologe was screamed and was boring. We don't need to listen to Hollywood bash the President. It is assumed.
Show was too long. Lose the musical numbers. Jamie Fox making it a racial thing. What happened to the best picture clips? Sean Penn making his point (although I agreed with him).

Ugly: Barbara Streisand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Glad to see you doing some Oscar-blogging, Stewdog. I thought about posting something last night, but I was unable to rouse myself from the stupor the show put me in.

I have, on occasion, thought Chris Rock was funny, but not last night. I suppose he always screams his routines and I just hadn't noticed, but the screaming monologue last night, besides being generally unfunny, really grated on my nerves. The funniest moment, to me, was Sean Penn's "jokes-about-the-Iraq-War-are-fine-but-don't-you-dare-dis-Jude-Law-because-ACTORS-are-sacred-and-by-the-way-I-have-no-sense-of-humor-and-I'm-high-as-a-kite-right-now" offering. Hilarious.

February 28, 2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger mnbikeadvocacy said...

I didnt see the entire thing, but what I did see (Chris Rock) waso only mildly amusing. He kept sreaming, it got annoying pretty fast.

February 28, 2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home