Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Early Update

From the ever informative John Geraghty:

From Middle Cheese, who knows what senior GOP folks are saying:

The short version to GOP folks: Feel good. We're in good shape.
The final Battleground Poll showed Bush up 4.


Ohio is looking good - several polls broke last night for Bush, especially Zogby.
The Pennsylvania Republican Party is on top of all of the Philly voter fraud stuff - apparently seven voting machines had votes on them before voting began, amounting to thousands of votes! Legal action is being taken...


Exit polls will not be available for a couple of hours.

One more good sign: CBS/New York Times poll had Bush 51, Kerry 43 in aerly and absentee voting.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Though, I don't want to get carried away. It's most likely going to be a long day and a long night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

I've already sent in my complaint to the local election board about an unidentified man with large camera on a tripod positioned on school property to photograph everyone entering and leaving the polling place.

I didn't vote then, because lines seemed too long (mistake), and worried I'd be snapped again when I returned and hassled by partisan lawyers. Talk about voter intimidation! Of course, there were no cops around to turn to for help, as the election board decided uniformed police dedicated to protecting us from terrorists might scare away legitimate voters.

Nevertheless, return I did. Cameraman was gone; lines were 3 times longer; and this time I toughed it out and voted.

Go Bush!

November 02, 2004 10:36 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Thanks for the update VA. I voted this morning in my liberal bastion community and stood in line about 45 minutes. The worst thing I had to endure was the little boy in tow with his two "daddys" who was wearing a shirt with the peace sign imposed over the American flag. Punched my ballot for Bush and braced myself for the alarm and flashing lights.

I've been reading about high voter turnout in Democratic and Republican areas. I guess the question of the day is, is this high voter turnout motivated by pro-Bush, Anti-Bush, or both (in which case each cancel the other out). We shall see.

November 02, 2004 10:50 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

At first I was shocked by the unusually long lines. But, as time went on (and on and on), it was clear that much of the line could be attributed to the new technology frightening the voters. Everone of a certain age or older seemed to need detailed explanations to use the "easy" touch screens. Of course, if they had bothered to vote in off-year elections and primaries, they would already know how to use them.

November 02, 2004 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home