Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, December 02, 2004


Don't get me started again

...I have emerged. There was this pit, you see, and I was in it -- and there was a man donning a suit of human skin taunting me from its precipice...I'll say no more.

At least that's the way I remember it.

Let's see now, where were we?

Ah, I see that the Netherlands is preparing for the Christmas season and promoting peace on earth and good will toward men by killing babies. And just in case you're finding some justification for these types of "mercy killings", you may want to look at this.

Don't you just love slippery slopes? I mean, they lead to genocide and all kinds of fun stuff.

(Is it possible that Wonderdog has re-emerged even more cynical and sardonic than his previous incarnation?)

Do you remember the movie Miracle On 34th Street? That's the one where Macy's department store promoted and stood up for a benevolently delusional (or was he?) kind old man who worked as their store Santa Claus who believed he was, in fact, the real deal. My, how times have changed, huh?

I have an idea. If we're going to chuck the word "Christmas" then we might as well chuck Santa, too. I mean, what's Santa famous for saying? -- "Ho ho ho...Meeerrrrry Christmas!" -- We should just chuck him because, frankly, I don't want to live in a world where Santa proclaims as he drives out of sight, "Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night".

This is Christmas, people! Deal with it. Sheesh. The gall. If I'm going to celebrate Hanukkah then, by golly, that's what I'm going to call it! And I'm gonna do the menorah and the whole bit. Otherwise, why would I want to celebrate it?

Here's the way I see it. If you want to call Christmas simply "The Holidays" then by all means go right ahead. But if you're going to forfeit the name then you have to forfeit all of its symbols as well.

Eh, eh. Watch it there buster -- Before you buy this here tree, just tell me what kind of a tree it is? What's that you say? A "holiday" tree? Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Oh, I'm sorry, you lose. But we do have this nice consolation "holiday fern" for you. Thank you for playing.

And what bout Groundhog day? Isn't "Goundhog" day a bit too exclusive? Shouldn't we broaden that a bit? I mean, what about the beaver? I think, come February 2nd, we should all celebrate "Rodent Day". What say you?

"Thanksgiving"? Why leave out the ingrates?

Like it or not, I'm back.

2 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Hey. . Wonderdog. . .HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 02, 2004 12:39 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

"Thanksgiving"? Why leave out the ingrates?

In the nearby state o' Maryland (who was that Mary, anyway?) schools are no longer allowed to teach or mention to Whom we are giving thanks. Ingrates can move there and be thankful they don't have to be thankful to anybody but themselves, if they like.

December 03, 2004 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home