Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, December 22, 2004


Rumpus Riddle Answer #8

Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.
What am I?

Thanks to all of you for submitting an answer to our last riddle.

The answer? A fish! Though I was informed by a doctor that there are plenty of fish living in tropical waters that aren't 'as cold as death'. Thank you, A.F.O.D. for your insight.

Note to the guesser who submitted "a coat of armor" -- it clinks. Good try!

I would like to thank J.R.R. Tolkien for this last riddle as it came from The Hobbit, however, since I was kindly reminded at a get together last weekend, "All your riddles come from The Hobbit!", I will (regretfully) try to refrain from using any more of Tolkien's wonderful riddles. No guarantees, however.

Scotty out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home