Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, May 30, 2006


Found it all in one place

National Review was my one-stop conservative fix tonight. Here are some of the highlights.

Victor Davis Hanson tells us why, on this past Memorial Day, we should be proud of our servicemen and their accomplishments in the Iraq war.

Mark my words and mock me all you wish if I'm wrong, but it's my sincere belief that coming world events will change the current blip of public negativity about Iraq so much so that Hillary Clinton will be saying things during her run for presidency in 2008 akin to, "...that's why I voted to take action against Saddam Hussein as a senator in 2002."

Rich Lowry reminds us how Al Gore ommitted some inconvenient truths from his An Inconvient Truth documentary.

God's tuth. Al Gore makes me feel kinda the same way I feel when I see Michael Jackson -- like I could laugh while throwing up.

K-Lo checks in with this one about Andy Garcia's counter-culture, anti-Che/Castro film The Lost City. It sounds worth it just for this one scene which she describes:

Che—a Communist responsible for Castro’s gulags—was a monster. But nothing I could tell you about him could do him the kind of justice that Garcia’s film does. You see some of Guevara’s brutality, but Garcia’s most powerful scene may be the one where Fico himself faces Che. When Fico is forced to confront the executioner on prison grounds on behalf of a friend, the viewer feels not only Garcia’s anger and disgust (he himself, as a child, fled this tyrant’s thuggery), but the pain and hatred of an entire people whose lives were irrevocably changed by the Castro-Guevara nightmare. This is Garcia’s moment: You watch a race of overwhelming emotions in the character, and you have the palpable sense it’s not all acting.

Based on this, I'm sure this film will disappear soon and never be heard from again.

Update: Just noticed that my previous post got short-circuited and cut off in mid-stream. While I often lose my train of thought, I had not intended to subject our limited readers to this idoscyncrasy of my personage. Therefore, here are the remaining two pieces I had linked to:

Catherine Seipp on Cindy Sheehan

John Miller on the 50 Greatest Conservative Rock Songs (you may be surprised by some)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home